Pressing On: Losing a Child

(I showed up to a womens group at church discussing the book Circle Makers in the thick of my mess. I felt helpless and ashamed and embarassed and lonely. After the meeting I stayed to share where I was with Pastor Aube and to request her prayers because Lord knows I needed need them. A few meetings later Pastor Aube decided to share her story. Not a dry eye was in the room and she looks up and says does anyone want to share their story. No one spoke. Looking in my direction then scanning the rest of the room I could feel the Holy Spirit saying girl this moment is for YOU. I let the moment pass and she goes on to say ladies someone needs to hear your story. Don't be ashamed! God has walked you through something to empower you to help someone else get through their tough season. Share your story! Since that night those words played in my head over and over again. Her obedience, being in the vein of God, and her heart for women is the reason why I launched #nomakeup, the reason why I shared my story with YOU, the reason why Pressing On has touched so many beyond my imagination and the reason why On the Heels is actually being released. A true woman of God I am so thankful to have her story apart of this series! Enjoy!)
source

Share a time when you felt spiritually abandoned
I felt spiritually abandoned on May 3, 2012 when I was pregnant with our son and lost him at 14 weeks.  I felt abandoned because I knew in my heart that God had given us the miracle of a son and not understanding what God was doing would be an understatement to say the least.

Share a time when you felt broken
I have experienced a lot of loss in my life.  I’ve lost both of my parents, my younger sister, had several miscarriages and lost my father-in-law to cancer.  Probably one of the most broken times in my life was when I lost my son Samuel at 14 weeks.  I felt like God had left me and that I wasn’t really hearing Him speak to me. Giving birth to a dead promise was excruciating.  Of course, I asked why? How? What? It’s not only the grief of losing something so close to your heart, but feeling like God has abandoned you as well.  I hope I never have to feel that again.
Share the moment when you discovered your purpose OR the moment you received a revelation of what your purpose might be
I knew at a young age that I would be in full time ministry some way, somehow.  At 21 years old, at Bible College, the Lord spoke to me in my dorm room. He said he wanted me to speak LIFE and HOPE over women—women from all facets of life—teenagers, young adult women, married women, single women, mothers, grandmothers and those who were motherless and fatherless! My heart is to see women walking in true freedom, healed from all wounds and living out their destiny.  I believe that the women in our world are the sleeping giant that has yet to awaken. 
When you are hardest hit how do you motivate yourself to press on?
Like David did in the Old Testament, I have learned, yes I said learned (it’s a process) to encourage myself in the Lord.  I can’t wait for other people to encourage me (although I think we should be encouraging each other daily), I have to encourage myself in Him. I do that by turning on a worship CD, reading the word or just talking to Him and expressing my frustrations, pains and problems to Him. He’s the only One I’ve found that can handle all of that….seriously!!  lol
What have you learned in this season of your life?
I have learned what it’s like to be completely dependent on Him and not on myself or others.  I’ve learned that the same God I’ve asked “WHY” is the same God I’ve asked for “STRENGTH” to just make it.  HE really is all I need!!
What advice would you give to those who feel like their story is over?
My advice would be stand on the highest mountain and shout your story to the world.  We go thru things in our life, not just so He can strengthen us but so we can strengthen one another.  He must trust you to walk your story out or He wouldn’t have allowed it to become your story!!!  There is healing and freedom in your story.  Revelation says we overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our TESTIMONY. Your STORY is your TESTIMONY!!!!  No matter what that story is someone needs to hear it.  So, stand up and shout it into the atmosphere.  You have a VOICE and you have something to say!!!
Send me a picture of your favorite pair of heels and let me know why they are your favorite!
Don’t laugh…..but I don’t wear heels.  I can’t because of back issues (I know this is a catastrophe…ha ha).  I do have a pair of boots that I call my “warrior” boots!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...