Pressing On: Overcoming Drinking to Escape

source
Share a time when you felt spiritually abandoned
A time when I felt spiritually abandoned was when I was with my son's father. Every day I felt like he was bringing me down lower and lower. The abuse—mentally, emotionally and physically began to take over. I just wanted to be loved as well as have a family. I believe me being selfish blinded me from what I should have been focused on. It had gotten so bad that I turned to drinking. From there it seemed as if I went downhill. I got away from him but I was mad at the world and I went against everyone. I was at a point where I didn't care.


Share a time when you felt broken
I felt broken when my son stopped talking. The last fight I was with his father and he heard all of it and chose to stop speaking. That hurt my heart so bad and I couldn't be mad because he was confused and didn't know how to express himself. One time, as my sister sat having lunch with him, he opened up to tell her what was bothering him. I was relieved but felt really stupid for even having them in a situation like that. I left him as well as where we were living so there wouldn’t be any memories of anything. By that time I was stressed, I started drinking and smoking heavily because I felt that was my way out.

Share the moment when you discovered your purpose OR the moment you received a revelation of what your purpose might be
There were many situations in my life when I felt I wouldn't overcome such as having a near death experience. I had gotten pregnant, by my now fiancé and something happened to where I was bleeding internally. The doctor told my family I could have died had I not come in and when I woke up I knew I was here for a reason. I believe that my purpose in life is to be the best parent I can be and help children, especially teen moms. I was blessed with children for a reason and they are very important to me. I want teens, singles, and couples not to give up and push as hard as possible to raise their children and stay strong. Kids are the future and if we start right with them then our world could become great.

When you are hardest hit how do you motivate yourself to press on?
When things get hard I know that the Lord has me! I tell myself to stay positive, He has a plan, don't worry. I don't believe that there is anything as scary as a near death experience and knowing that your children would go without their mother and father. Plus there is nothing better than waking up with a smile on your face every day.

What have you learned in this season of your life?
I have learned that the Lord does everything for a reason and that you must be patient.  He doesn't put more on you then you can bear and I believe that.

What advice would you give to those who feel like their story is over?
My advice to others is to stay positive and do what makes you happy. When you can find happiness within yourself and the Lord, you won't need that extra headache— you will be able to separate yourself from things that you don't need in your life that are harmful for you. This displays the confidence you have in yourself and even if someone tries to break it you will be able to walk away.

Send me a picture of your favorite pair of heels and let me know why they are your favorite!
I love these shoes because they tell a story. It may be rough at times but with faith and patience the Lord will bless you and things will become easy as life goes on.
By: Jackie Johnson
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...