No Slip ups...

Dear God...

He's perfect.


Coming home from the hospital

 10 days old

10 days old

I am finally getting into the groove of life before I brought someone to this earth and where do I begin!?  I survived having a baby although I must say I hi-five any woman who decides to go natural! That aggravating pain is ingrained in my brain I can't begin to think of having anymore children. So to the women who are walking around with 5+ in tow, I salute you! (That is if you are taking care of your children and aren't using them to get a check. Pardon my need to be blunt but I have no holla for people who use their children as a meal ticket.) You receive so many pieces of advice when you have a baby. Some stuff you will use and other stuff that just makes you want to be like okay... please go away.

One thing that I can agree with, that I couldn't wrap my brain around, is the ability for a woman to naturally step into the role of being a mother. You just "know" what to do and if you "don't" you figure it out without the billion pieces of advice from every woman that has walked the earth. I'm a hands on type of learner so having all of those opinions and being told what to do incessantly does not sit well with my personality. It has actually worked in my favor because I feel more in control, less co-dependent, and less anxious because I'm in there trying to figure out what works and what doesn't work.

Being in this place I look at other mothers in a different light. Considering their age when they had children, where they were in their lives etc and how they, like me, had the same feelings I had prior to having their first child. Yet to look at them and how beautiful, sassy, smooth, and EASY they make it look is inspiring to me. Granted there are moments I'm still trying to figure out how this all happened (from a maturity stand point not the physical) ;) but I'm left with a major feeling of hope from the wonderful women that surround me and have offered and played the role of being huge supporters on this journey without being overbearing.

It's crazy at times.
It's exhausting.
It's starving because honestly WHO has time to eat.
It's confusing.
It's something new each day.
It's emotional.
It's exciting.
There are moments where the closet looks like the best place to hide until you realize that someone is depending on you to get your head back in the game and FOCUS.
Be strong.
Be alert.
Be organized.
Plan, plan, plan...
Don't slip up.
Because when you do they'll be waiting with a poopy car seat, dirty onesie, with a blank stare on their face!

That was day 3...

But I'm learning.
I'm growing.
I'm laughing at my struggles.
I'm embracing my accomplishments.
I'm staying on my toes because no two days are the same.
And for that I am grateful for this moment!
#nomakeup





4 comments :

Big Sis said...

That is all soo true!!! It took me almost 6 months to feel I was up to the challenge of being a "Mom". Hang in there it does get easier in that respect but no two days are the same, you will learn something new every day, your lil' man will do something amazing every day. But it does get harder in that you have to learn to keep up and try your best to stay one step ahead...although that doesn't always work either. Good luck!!

Big Sis said...

Big Sis is Erin Kay...haha, forgot about that :D

Leah said...

Encouraging words!

Tat said...

My favorite part was about hiding in the closet! This whole post was beautiful and honest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...