Dear Daddy... This Father's Day!

In 4 days I will be entering a new stage of my life… motherhood.

I have had so much anxiety this past week over stepping into that role that God has chosen me to take on. The closer it gets to the arrival date the more I keep doubting myself, my abilities, and asking God, “Are you sure about this. God you DO realize that it’s ME you’ve picked for this job?”

Revelation in the form of my dreams have left me up in the middle of the night, head bowed, tears flowing as God responds with a simple, yes.
A simple, “I have you covered.”
A blatant, “I’ve been preparing you for this before you recognized the change I was making in you.”

Dear Daddy…

I hear you.

I believe you.

I have faith that you’ll do what you said you would do.

Not faith with a backup plan.

But faith without any limits…

You’ve never let me down

And I know you won’t bail on me now.




The number four, according to my dream book entitled, Understanding the dreams you dream: Biblical keys for hearing God’s voice in the night by Ira Milligan (yes my dreams are that serious), represents reign, rule, kingdom, dominion, dominance.

In my battle this week I can’t help but to recognize that our son will come a few days after Father’s Day.

In 4 days my husband will become a father.

In heaven our Father has been reminding him and preparing him for his role as a father.

HE’s the one who reigns on high and because of that great things are in store for our son.

It’s no secret that I never met my biological father. His absence allowed me to become a woman that I never imagined I’d be without that relationship.

But Dear Daddy

You’ve kept me.

So many emotions to process from seeing God turn this thing full circle.

Never wanting to marry for fear that the guy would be an invisible figure in the life of the child we made together.

But God said I’ve created this man just for you.

Never wanting to have a child for fear that I’d have to explain the why’s as to where “daddy” was.

But God said I’m giving you a child.

Like Hannah I prayed that God would send me son so that he may be given back unto God for the grace and mercy He has bestowed upon my life…

And God said

It is done.

This Father’s Day I’m thankful that when I call on the daddy who serves as my spiritual father He not only answers but He never leaves me, He always comforts me when my flesh gets weary, and He continues to remind me that I am not alone.


This post is for my husband.



He’s more than just a guy I met 5 years ago.



More than just another date I’ve had in my life.



He is the blueprint of what God meant when he created God-fearing men, God's vision of husbands who would love their wife as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for it, God's definition of patience, kindness, thoughtfulness, a calm and peaceful spirit, and a heart that is larger than anyone I’ve ever met on this earth.

He is the type of person you don't believe exists in real life and yet I'm living the dream everyday of my life!

He would give you the clothes off of his back if you needed it and not loose sleep over how those material things would be replenished because he represents and believes in sowing a seed to prevent any blessings from being blocked.

He’s amazing.


He’s my BFF.



He’s my favorite husband. :)



He’s the FATHER of our son and I KNOW from the depths of my heart that he is going to fulfill God’s purpose in this new role as we watch the greatness manifest in our son which God has already planted in him.



I love you more than the words in this post.


Scott Aaron II,

Happy Father’s Day!





5 comments :

Erika said...

This brought me to tears! I am so happy for you and Scott and have to doubt that you two will be awesome parents. Love you both!

Pursuit of Wackyness said...

...and now you've got me crying, Neek?!! I celebrate the fact that you know and deserve this kind of love :)

Marie said...

With a drenched face, I'm soooooo excited, proud, happy, and ready to see you guys be the awesome parents you were created to be...you'll have a blast! Love you both!

Anonymous said...

God is Awesome!!! I Love You Guys... -Nichole

Nancy Surles said...

Im reading this a few days later than its posted. Girl im over here crying, this is so sweet! Im so happy for the 2 of you and im sure you will make great parents!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...