An invisible Father's Day Tribute

Faded portraits

You will be a still shot in a frame,

on walls I only pass in my subconscious.

A memory of a moment in time I can’t reproduce

because

all I have are ancient developments of film

reflecting an image I can’t understand.

Light meets dark in a matter of clicks.

When the cheese that was so fresh in my heart has become molded;

Greener than the grass I thought was on the other side.

Red rooms have lost their luster.

No more will I associate deep colors with my love for you

because

You pissed on my rainbow without asking me…


To him

you are another character in a story book.

A nursery rhyme missing rhythms of 5-7-5.

A haiku that I can’t even mimic as he looks to me for understanding.


To him

you are a glimpse into the pessimistic reality that,

there will be people who pass through his life,

only to leave stained images of a memory he wishes he never had.

He will be barren of your deceitful ways.

Unknown to your magical tricks.

Protected from your title.

Alive in the process

because

his satisfaction won’t rely on people of your caliber…


Still shots.

Click.

Empty smiles.

Click.

Seated firmly.

Click.

Where are they now…
4 27 weeks, 26 years

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...