Love Heartbreak Regroup

So randomly this week someone I haven't talked to a in a while popped into my head. In relation to love and heartbreak I began to wonder 1. how this person was doing emotionally and 2. what God was trying to share with me in bringing them to mind. I don't believe that God works in the realm of coincidence and if He speaks to you or reveals someone to you it's not out of pure happenstance. I take these things seriously so naturally I began to pray for this person.

Love and heartbreak, in the category of devastation, makes me recognize how easy it can be for a woman to suppress future feelings for other men that come into her life. I don't know anyone that enjoys being hurt and for some people the bounce back isn't as easy as the leap! I'm well known for suppressing my hurt and disappointment in relationships. I can be nonchalant about the crumbling of the situation because I've learned that wearing my makeup to create my own "artist formally known as" is much "easier" than wearing my emotions on my sleeve. From this destructive way of coping I have had my face handed to my by those I call myself hiding my feelings from and I don't know what's worse: thinking you're in control by not showing your true feelings or have the person that hurt you call you out on your fake sense of coping.

In processing all of this to prepare to write this blog only in my mind, I see the person out... And I can't say that happiness was the vibe I picked up on. My heart began to ache for not only her but for every person that has loved so deep that their passion became a scene out of Inception. Loving within loving and finding yourself trapped in between; not knowing how to escape your own architectural design of where you thought you'd be at this point in your life in regards to relationships.

But despite where the road of disappointing love can take you, you will always be in control of your emotional ship and it's up to you to seek God for total strength to move on and for you to declare that each disappointment is a learning lesson in the direction of complete, passionate and equally yoked type of love.

The believing begins with you...
but it's your choice to either fight or flight...
Take a stand to not let love-lost be the author of your "swan song."
Be the composer of your own musical and make sure you're genuine in your execution.

Heads up!

#nomakeup

The Script-Breakeven





Jill Scott-Slowly Surely (Stayed on repeat)

)

1 comment :

ms. undastood said...

Love this post cousin.... and you know I love Breakeven by The Script... definitely got me through some hard times.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...