The Mother: A letter to my Son! Farewell Only Child status!

My dearest Sun,

I decided I would write you a letter in addition to your annual birthday letter just to let you know how much I love you! You and I are entering a new chapter in our lives: I’m giving you a brother and you will no longer be the only child. I’ve prayed and cried out of excitement for another baby and for the closing of this “you and I” chapter we’ve shared. I have probably worried more than I need to about how you will feel and if I can balance but as mommy always says, God hears and sees us.
2 months
3 months
Together we’ve been to 4 different states and done more activities than I can count. We’ve read more books than I have had the chance to blog about, danced to a million songs, sung a million more, laughed at silly things, cried in moments of discipline (although you don’t realize how much it hurts me), hugged like it was going out of style and shared kisses that have made me smile at the thought of being your mom. We’ve been two peas in a pod, me stalking you with my camera since you entered this earth, recording every THING you have done up until this point and inhaling every moment of your life because that’s how precious you are to me.
1 years old
We have created pictures, cooked food, built towers, rearranged cabinets (i.e. I cleaned up after you), rode, swung, blown every bubble known to man, and slid on parks near and far as you taught me how to stay on my toes. We’ve encouraged one another, supported one another and always made sure that we stuck together.
2 years old
As we move into this new season, we get to share all of our love for one another, our experiences, our lessons and our growth with someone else: your brother! You are such a leader! You have such a kind heart but also a strong will like your momma. You believe in prayer, fairness, honesty, and loving and I pray these qualities never cease. The things that make you who you are: your friendliness, your laughter and your passion to learn; I pray you share these things with your brother. I pray that you serve as a great friend to him as well as a great example. I pray that you discover pieces in him that you haven’t yet discovered in me because well… I’m a girl. I look forward to seeing you guys grow, share, encourage, be strong for each other and for other people. I envision you both being intelligent young men; Men who seek God in all things, at all times despite the worlds example. I envision you both being original in your personalities but always sharing a foundation that leads you back to my heart for your purpose, pressing into where God is calling you both to be.
8 months pregnant
I am enjoying every moment more than I have been as we get closer to bringing baby brother home. I love you so much and I am forever thankful to God for choosing me to be your mother!

All my love (and the tears Pete the Cat never cries),

Mommy

Good Times:
(2 months)

(16 months)

(25 months)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...