Music Matters: No Matter What



I support BET Music Matters. It's the only reason I tune into the BET Awards. I knew Elle Varner would take the world by storm when I saw her on music matters a few years ago. (Check out my post I wrote about her after seeing her perform I want to be FLY.)

So of course when I saw Jennah Bell perform I knew she'd be amazing. So many people are quick to write off a voice such as Jennah's and Elle's because it's so unique and captivating they don't know how to best appreciate it.

But I love the sound. I love the talent and I can't wait to hear more from Miss Jennah! Check out this piece she wrote entitled No Matter What (A Mother's Song).

You guys know how much I love being a mommy so this song touched my heart to think that one day perhaps my son will express his love and appreciation for me in such a manner!
I posted the lyrics below!

Enjoy!

#nomakeup

No Matter What (A mother's song)
By: Jennah Bell

"When the dust has settled from the quake of a bad dream,
and the morning colds enough to know i'm real,
Let you quivering subside, leave the darkness with night,
No matter.

When the school yard calls your knees to kiss its black top,
and the cuts and scrapes are swimming in its sting,
Let the fear in you capsize, let the sirens do your crying,
No matter.

No matter,
my dear,
Your mother is here,
Leave the water to the well,
and the blue up to the sky,
and your worries up to me,
no matter.

No matter,
sweet one,
real pain can only come from having truly loved
always know me as the north
and you'll always know your home,
and I will be there,
no matter what"
-Jennah Bell

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...