The Power of a Mother to Son

So here we are!

I don't know if I should laugh, cheer, cry, or do all three!

Wow!
After the drugs! :)

I never understood the power of a YEAR until I became a mother. And on this day I watched two positives and a galloping beat become a tiny 7 lb 5 oz, 20 inch long little boy we decided to name Scott Aaron III long before we ever considered having children. (It was a part of the marital agreement) lol!
Up until this point I never thought about children in a manner that would equate permanency. They were cool but not “my thing.”
So I went 9 months just being pregnant.
Not feeling any type of way.
Not really attached to this event, aside from the physical, but just being… pregnant.
But the moment he arrived, and I heard him cry, out of nowhere I tell you, TEARS rolled down my face! I was so confused about this emotion I hadn’t had this entire time just showing up out of the blue.
But I embraced it!
I never thought I could love a BEING as much as I love him.
I watch him sleep,
comfort his fears,
calm his ‘tude,
laugh at his laughter,
and pray for him daily.




 
Miller III


It’s been a beautiful year and I want to thank EVERYONE who helped, called, sent cards, calmed me down, encouraged me, and prayed for us!






To my friends who kept saying I’d be a great mom and I laughed at them every time; I thank you for seeing past the flaws I was blinded by!

You guys ROCK!

I love you so much and this could never express enough how much I appreciate all you have done!  

To my Sun,
my Prince,
my baby bear!
Happy 1st Birthday!

Happy Birthday!

My baby bear

I see you.

You him & me. Us III




Be blessed.
#nomakeup


No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...