#NPM14: Day 7-Fate

Because it's our anniversary month: I wrote this when we were dating. Here's to new love, being vulnerable, submitting your desires to God and being content in every season. #nomakeup
July 2006

 
Fate

I should tell you that you light my candle,
standing in my mind,
i can handle,
passing the time.
holding your beats as it pumps,
left
to
right.
As I lose my breath,
become speechless,
unable to catch up,
stomach dances to the flight of the bumble bee
as your spirit reaches me.
The Son, Father, and Holy G.
Renew your mind like ancient remedies.
A man of your word belief that HE paid it all.
Prepared for what’s to come,
waiting for the call.
A man I’d never meet
had it not been that he was sent.
Real to the core
while the rest
uncomfortable and pretend.
I bend backwards to stretch my muscles,
crunching to understand.
What do I do now because I think I might like this man.
Haven’t crushed since first grade.
Like this I can’t remember.
Wanting to confess
but not wanting to hinder,
This,
friendship we’ve built,
Not sure where he stands.
Rejoicing for his accomplishments.
Being his number one fan.
Feeling quite weird
for liking someone so much.
More than a sexual attraction,
deeper than any touch.
Sharing this with myself
and God I have to mention.
I believe in infinite possibilities and divine intervention.

4 the possibility
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...