Once upon a time... I was a doormat

"Discover a new part of you.
Try a different approach,
a lighter attitude,
a fresh outlook.
Every day is a chance
to reinvent yourself."
-RP

Once upon a time I would hold on to people in my life no matter how they treated me. I know hard to believe but I did. I allowed the back stabbing, I overlooked the gossip, I ignored the emotional and mental abuse in my friendships and relationships. I accepted the mistreatment and guess what I kept getting mistreated.
But then I discovered a new part of ME.
The part that I appreciated.
The part that I wanted to be respected and loved.
The part that was tired of being tired.
And I made a change.
I reinvented my attitude. Demanded of others the respect, dedication, love, loyalty etc that I would give to them and guess what those who were meant to be were and those who weren't God removed them.

Be renewed.
Be discerning.
Be discovered.
Be unapologetically in love with yourself!

#nomakeup

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...