My blog. My book. A thankful Journey...

I have a phone full of notes,
well reminders,
of topics I want to discuss
so I’ll get to those...
eventually.
(That’s what you have to do when you have a little one on your brain)

But with Thanksgiving on Thursday I wanted to do a thankful post.

Life.
I always think about how I don’t have to be here. That this moment, this air, this blood flowing throughout me, heart beating is a gift. I don’t take that for granted because many didn’t make it to November 22; many won’t make it to the 24th. For that I praise Him for keeping me around a little longer to do the work that He has called me to do.

God (My daddy).
For YOUR grace, mercy, and unconditional, non-judgmental, peaceful love. The struggles I’ve faced, the battles I’ve fought spiritually and carnally, the answers I’ve needed You’ve been there every step of the way. To get me right together and to constantly remind me who has the control. I’m thankful that You call me friend.
My Family.
Full of laughs. Constant support. Whacky when you want to be but I couldn’t imagine being a part of any other circle of love. I’m thankful for family bond!

My Husband.
My buddy, best fran, lover, my right hand man, my main squeeze, the one who keeps me sane, calls me out when I’m wrong, loves me in every aspect that love can exist. Throughout all of my personalities, ;) the best of the better days and the worst of the worse, you never give up. You believe all things, hopes all things; your love never fails. I love you.

My SUN (son).
He’s the brightest star in my heart. No other sound moves me more than his laughter, his smiles, the way his eyes light up when he sees me, his peaceful rest, his curiosity, his growth; I couldn’t imagine life without him. I’m thankful that God chose me and I’m thankful that I have the well being to take on the task of motherhood. For my favorite boy in the world… Momma loves you!

My piglet.
We’re not mushy. We laugh more than we cry. We joke more than we’re serious. We play more than we sit still. We quote movies into our daily conversations. We’re goofy although you’d claim you were much cooler than I am. We need space and more than likely you’ll be the first to hang up. Then we stalk on the phone. We text incessantly. I tell you to tweet you tell me no. We’re each other’s wonder pets. The smallest body guards a girl could have. We think alike. Finish each other’s sentences. Then we scoff because we did. Lol! We become Gale in our ways and we’ll both deny that truth. We keep secrets. We plot and plan. You’re my home slice until the end of time and I’m thankful for you sissy!

My #Teammommy.
You keep me focused. You keep me cool. You keep me laughing. You keep me confident. This journey would be insane without having someone to share with, confide in, and learn from. I’m thankful for your transparency, for your encouragement, and for your prayers.

My sisters.
No other group of women inspire me/move me into greatness. I AM because someone looked beyond what was written and saw the real me! I am thankful that the greatest of these is love!

My rat pack +1
Nichole. Stevona.
Zakia. Marie.
Paulina. Alicia.

No matter how many miles apart we are.
No matter how often we see each other.


No matter how many times we call or text or get lost in the chaos of the day & days become weeks of not communicating, I know that without you I would lose my marbles.

I’m thankful for your friendship in its own form. I’m thankful for your support. For keeping me from level 10 because we know it’s easy for me to get there. I’m thankful that we create our own blueprint and for that, individually, we’ve stood the test of time!
Happy Thanksgiving ladies!

The No Makeup visionaries.
For your support of my blog.
For your purchase of my book.
For joining me, in your own way, on this journey.
I couldn’t do it without you!
I’m thankful for your belief in my message.
I’m thankful for your love of my mission.

All faces ‘behind the makeup’ come alive in the spirit of honesty!

Thank you!

I wish everyone a safe holiday.
Happy eating. Happy fellowship.
Be sure to take some time to think about what you’re thankful for.
Tomorrow isn’t promised to anyone so do it now and ENJOY!

All my love,

#nomakeup

P.S. What are YOU thankful for?
Share your comments below! :)

Sidenote:
I love the movie The Other Guys and they play this song in the movie. I stalked it down, added it to my playlist, and I keep it on repeat. It's such a feel good song! It doesn't have anything to do with my post but I love it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...