Dont Give up/Just hold on/Joy will come/YOU be strong!!!

If you don't believe there is a God...
High above the earth....


I have a strong passion for making others aware of the enemy and how he tries to sneak false teachings into our lives because he had me as a believer for years. I wasn't always a reader of the word, a believer of its truths, and I surely wasn't telling anyone else about anything dealing with God or the bible. I never read it so how could I. But one thing that changed my life was learning about what God's word says about faith, applying it to my life as a challenge to Him, and WATCHING Him manifest His promises. I can not share enough how holding on to the word of God has changed my entire outlook on my life. The devil had me in bondage for years with fear, pain, depression, loneliness, despair, misunderstanding etc and I believed that I was going to be that way until the end of time. I believed that everything in life has order and the order of things for me was to live life vicariously through other people's happiness and never experience a perfect peace in my spirit for myself.


What I love about God and what He did for me was he gave me insomnia. He had me up randomly every night, for an entire year, without an ounce of sleep in sight and He began to put certain things in my spirit like since you're up read your bible, since you're up write some poetry, since you're up begin to blog, since you're up study for class, since you're up begin to pray. I was doing all of this, while in college, and I had no idea what was going on. This was before God gave me the gift of discernment so to me I thought I just had the "urge" to do these things but it was during that time He was preparing me to become and believe in the power of faithfulness. It was during that time that I met Scott so God really had some tricks up his sleeve!

I speak of being faithful because that is a principle that I have witnessed (currently witnessing) first hand on how powerful and amazing it really is when you work it. Just in Hebrews 11 alone Faith is defined for us. It is such an awesome chapter to read because it breaks down the different people in the bible who used faith to conquer the enemy and it's such an encouraging synopsis also. When you use the word to defeat the devil he doesn't have any other comeback. He becomes like the kid who runs out of jokes to say about your "mama," or the boss who runs out of ways to make your life miserable, or the "friend" who runs out of mess to start/say about you, or the neighbors who can't find anymore ways to complain about you, or the co-workers who turn their jealousy into praise, or the *insert what the devil is using against you here*. The devil is only as powerful as the fuel we give him to run wild in our lives with but there is one grade of gas that his tank will not take and he will be left stranded on the side of the road and it's the word of God.

I encourage you to find what the word has to say about patience, understanding, peace, conquering your enemies, loving unconditionally, submitting yourselves unto authority, walking by faith, speaking life into your situations, and running the good race. Let nothing stop you from feeding your spirit not even yourself!

Take care and Happy Hump day!


Awesome God, Windsor Village Mass Choir/Brandon Calligan

This song brings me to tears everytime I hear it! Don't Give up! Just HOLD ON! Joy will come! YOU be STRONG!

Holding on! :)
May 13, 2007

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...