I am an incomplete sentence, a work in progress....

Well it’s been a minute since I’ve written and lots have occurred. (of course this is MY life we’re talking about)
But instead of going into detail about my life being a soap opera I will just discuss the things that I have learned. What I love about being at this age (21) and at this stage in my life is that I never get tired of learning. I never get tired of growing. I never get used to hearing myself say, “are you serious right now?!?” So with that I will say:

A few weeks ago at church the minister discussed the importance of prayer. These are the notes I took:
The promises of God and the Prayers of the believers.
*the world will see your righteousness
*you must pray all the time to make it
*we can not know what prayer is until we know life/world is a war
*your work has just begun
*this is a spiritual war: wear your helmet of salvation and your shield of faith
--Isaiah 61:10 I will find joy in the Lord/I will delight in my God/He has dressed me in the clothes of salvation/He has wrapped me in the robe of righteousness

So of course I’m sure you’re like, um, Caneeka you didn’t know this already… duh! But there’s a reason for every message. There’s a difference in knowing and understanding. God has been working on me…
In the words of Jessica Care Moore:
“I was born writing but will learn to wait. I am an incomplete sentence, a work in progress and I am not finished yet.”



So when I discover that those things which I thought to be “true” are not, when I discover that those trying to walk like HIM are the ones wearing shoes bought by the devil, when I discover that the world is a war it is then I will understand what prayer is.
No matter how much I bear my soul to people/someone/something somehow, someway, at some point I will have had my kindness taken for a weakness.
There are those afraid to face what is “just.” Afraid that the “truth” will set them free. Afraid that “justice for all” means all, except you. Afraid to look lady liberty in the eye and admit that their lies run deeper that the rivers that flow through my mothers land.
To them I say two things:

“Your tongue makes up threats,
It’s like a sharp razor, you master of deceit.
You prefer evil to good.
You prefer lying to speaking the truth.
You love every destructive accusation, you deceitful tongue!
[…]
But I am like a large olive tree in God’s house.
I trust the mercy of God forever and ever.
I will give thanks to you forever for what you have done.
In the presence of your godly people,
I will wait with hope in your good name”
(Psalms 52:2-4, 8-9).

“Wisdom will come into your heart.
Knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.
Foresight will protect you.
Understanding will guard you”
(Proverbs 2: 10-11).
For those that lie to me: God bless and keep you. I pray for your journey to growth. I pray that you will learn more what love is.

For those that lie ON ME: God bless and keep you as well. That’s between you and HIM. But Remember this:
“Those who brag cannot stand in your sight.
You hate all troublemakers.
You destroy those who tell lies.
The Lord is disgusted with bloodthirsty and deceitful people”
(Psalms 5: 5-6).


For those sent by the devil to test me: Thank you!

For everyone else:
If you haven’t discovered already, the world is a war. This is when you will find meaning in prayer and understand faith, hope, and love; love being the greatest of these.
this is when you will cry the most
learn to gather your tears into fists
realizing water will never grant your wishes
reflections are always true but never wet
so we kiss ourselves
till our lips turn dry and HONEST
you will hear faint pieces of your voice
in the electricity of a phone line
screaming for FREEDOM
in the middle of a message or a voyage
never delivered during long distance
conversations or kidnappings
this is the moment your fingers
will find your hand
and HANG UP on your past beliefs
what is a white courtesy phone?
Why can’t I ever find one?
~Jessica Care Moore


rest well.
take care of yourselves.
may god bless and keep you forever, and ever, and ever.
until next time.
peace
~justitia omnibus

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...