#NPM14: Day 3- like Sunday morning...

I wanted to post the rest of the poems I picked out for National Poetry Month even though April is over. It's not a lot but since April was so draining for me I wanted to get them out there regardless. :)

God has truly blessed and connected me to some amazing women since college! There are people that God will bring in your life who will exceed your idea of what friendship means. There was a time when I couldn't get past the disconnect I had with many women. I'm an introvert who believes the revolution should be televised. I'm a feminist who believes in allowing her husband to lead as he receives direction from God. I want to hug and snuggle and forehead kiss every amazing person I meet but I want people to be respectful of boundaries. I'm a walking contradiction and this is for my fellow Tupac in a sundress: The Love Supreme Queen





like Sunday morning…

Inspired by your spirit
sent to me from HIM
infected without ointment
mending wounds I cannot heal
Finding myself afraid that I’m into this too deep,
nostalgic,
as if we’ve met before,
in a former life,
on similar streets
confused of my understanding
how you and I
we’re two peas in a pod
two leaves on a branch
though sounding it is odd
underestimating our bond
the love we Honestly share
Spiritually connected,
with souls,
that are clothed
naked.
and. 
bare.
with eyes full of water
from the Rivers we have crossed
mouths dry
full of Sand
from the Words that we have lost
pockets
digging
deep
from the price that this costs
Minds growing by the Second
from the Lessons that we have taught
Peace be within you
all the joy you have earned
Laughing like lovers
from the poetry we yearn.

4 r.e.s.t.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...