National Poetry Month 2014

I love the month of April because it is National Poetry Month! An entire month where my social media timelines are filled with poems and expressions from other poets and it pulls me out of my writing hiatus and reminds me of my first love!

This is so true for me this year!
Poetry met me at a time in my life where I didn't have ownership of my voice. I was shy, afraid, confused but ready to explode with emotion. I wanted to express but I was too young to say what I really felt without being grounded for the rest of my life. I was 11 when I found poetry and if you missed my 30 poems.30 days for April 2013 I suggest you check them out!

I can't promise that I will have 30 poems this year (I'm 32 weeks pregnant, chasing a 2.5 year old, and trying to take it all in) but whatever I share, as always, my hearts desire is that someone is empowered through my words, encouraged through their struggles, elated about the outcome, and unapologetic about their expression!

Be sure to check out the hashtag(s): #NPM14 and #NAPOMO to follow other poets and their writings this month!

Take care and Enjoy!

All my love,

Caneeka
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...