30 poems. 30 days: Day 3 BIG



You find yourself in a pseudo relationship with someone. No title. No acknowledgment; Just the two of you, sharing a space, when it’s convenient for them. And instead of making a decision either way they continue to string you along. But at what point do you stop putting your pennies into a machine that will only spit out dreams to satisfy your longing temporarily. Your vision for US is bigger than their desire for YOU. So move on…

#noweight

BIG

At the end of the day.
When the lights dim.
Words fade.
and
the smokes clears my airways.
He chooses her.
But...
my food was good enough for you
when cookbooks couldn’t teach her well enough
to feed your aching belly.
Peanut Butter and Jelly was more than just a song
but all of the things she brought wrong to the table.
Unstable in your decisions when my kitchen was the one you cleaned
and apparently
things always go the way they seem because
my heart kept telling me to set you free but
you decided you couldn’t leave.
You wouldn’t just let me be,
instead you were building me up to believe,
that there was a potential for you and me.
You wanted to live the dream.
Your intentions might not have been,
to leave me dry and empty without a pot to piss in,
but you did.
Yet 
I was too busy trying to see the man inside of a kid...

4 wishing on the Zoltar


No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...