30 poems. 30 days: Day 20- Psalm 2012

God is walking me through some stuff where I am discovering His purpose for my life. In this season crossover I have often felt lost, confused, angry, bitter, frustrated, excited, and lonely. Sometimes God will get us to a place of “Here Am I” and keep us there in order to shape us into who HE wants us to be. Frequently we get in the way, so easily distracted we can be, we cuss, we fuss, we hate on the next person for what we think God is doing in their life while we sit in silence waiting to receive His next move for our life. But in that winter season when root systems are being established and strengthened for the next season and the junk you are harboring is dying, you must learn to embrace every inch of growth that you are being stretched into because when God says, "it is time" you must be mature enough to say “Amen.” #nomakeup #Godsaid

In Phoenix

I can’t whisper loud enough.
Afraid that my heart will hear the thoughts that my mind dare not relay to my mouth to pierce through my lips just to exhaust the atmosphere with a powerful prediction.
What can I give…
Where is my alabaster jar?
Perfume to pour out...
My heart doesn’t pump enough blood to show my overflow.
Tears filling more pillows than buckets.
I’m changing my perspective.
Looking at myself.
Visionary.

Comfort me.
In this place of stillness.
In this place of peaceful darkness.
I don’t have any answers to the test you’re giving me…
I’m lost.
But you know exactly where I am.
I’m lonely.
But you keep me company.
I’m dependent on you.
Seasons changing.
You tell the wind to blow me in the direction where your grace and mercy will follow.
You cover me with snow; white like the sheep you guide in the pasture.
You speak to my mountains I don’t know exist because you protect me from the sliding serpent.
And he hates his life more than the ground he creeps upon.
I smile.

Obedience.
Leaving places of familiarity for a journey with you.
Too afraid to say no.

So…
Comfort me.
Cover me.
You call on me.
Here am I!
Selah.

Eyes lifted to the never ending horizon.
Beauty.
You love.
I live.
We grow.

Amen.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...