The Wife: Reach Out and Uplift

Happy New Year!!!

12:00am 1/1/2015 in New Orleans
(my silly sorority sister bombing)

I know it's February but if you're like me you still find yourself writing/typing 2014 on documents and for that reason my exclamation stands. ;) I pray you all have had a beautiful year thus far, writing goals, crossing some that you've already accomplished off your list and being obedient about that "thing" that God told you to do years ago.

Last February I did a mini series called Love and Marriage. In the last few years God has really pressed marriages on my heart and my desire to change the face of marriage, primarily in the young, black community. If you've followed my blog/social media you know that Scott and I met on Facebook when I was 21, we went on our first date 5 months later, got engaged 9 months later and 5 months after that we were married: I was 22 (going on 23) and he was 23.


Our story isn't flawless because I had a lot of ugly qualities, junk in my spirit and a very tough exterior when it came to relationships. I was NOT the girl who "should've" gotten married. But God said/planned something different.

We are entering our "grace" year-- 8 years of marriage in May. And only by the grace of God could a "girl like me" look back, feel the butterflies I felt the moment we had our first phone conversation and look up and see that man standing beside me. God can change atmospheres, PEOPLE, attitudes, beliefs: I'm a living witness. In my Instagram bio I wrote, "Should've been a statistic" and I put the bride emoticon. Meaning, I should've been one of the divorced according to how old we were, how I acted in our first years of marriage and how far removed from a relationship with God I was when we got married. That is another blog post BUT I say all of that to say that I decided to do the Love and Marriage mini series again for the month of February BECAUSE young married couples in every our community are FAILING and being encouraged by others transparency and how God has graced their marriage is an important PIECE of the puzzle towards finding a renewed strength in whatever tough season a couple might be facing in their marriage.

Also, ending Domestic Violence through education is the platform that I have stood on since my Miss America Preliminary Pageant days. Valentine's Day is the one day out of the year where most victims return to their abusers thus continuing the cycle of abuse. These posts also serve as a piece of awareness for that issue and a talking point that if you know someone or if you ARE that someone in an abusive relationship or "situationship" I will have a link on every post for women seeking help.

I am looking forward to sharing these couples stories with you as well as their words of encouragement for women facing a tough season in their marriage.

May we all reach out and uplift instead of isolate and tear down.

Your transparency can empower, uplift and guide someone towards their purpose!

Keep Pressing!

All my Love,

Caneeka

While I was away:




Pennsylvania
Miller Boys
Sister trip to Target
Family in New Orleans
Usie

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...