30 poems. 30 days: Day 23- Dust Biting

Sometimes love can take you to a place where, once you arrive 3 years later without any clue as to where this situation is headed, you try to make up for lost time. You realize you don’t have the answers for the questions that people have but they don’t know your situation like you do. You begin to wonder if their questions are legitimate, if you should have the same questions but instead of looking that thing in the eye and coming to terms with the fact you might be alone, you instead maintain the chase and swallow the dust along the way. Stop letting love give you the cotton mouth because you want more than what someone is willing to give you. You deserve the absolute BEST and God has purposed someone to give you all of that and more. But we must be willing and BOLD enough to put periods in the place we continue to allow to run on. #noWEIGHT #youcandoit #PressON


Dust biting

Potentially you are all i NEED YOU to be.
Nice hair, big feet, working hard to achieve your dreams.
But how can i wife you, your baggage weighs US down.
Potentially WE could, but in reality, WE’D drown.

Potentially your qualities are easy enough to change.
WE have the basics: Physical Attraction
And that’s enough to maintain,
OUR,
potential relationship i’m potentially hoping works out.
WE should probably drop the haters; they say faith can’t work in a crowd of doubt.

Potentially you could love ME, I mean, there’s no need to rush.
You’ve know MY love for YEARS yet you’ve. kept. yours. on. hush.
But i LOVE your modesty; it can potentially make ME blush.
As long as there’s a possibility, WE can bang until we bust.

So.
I’LL keep going with this charade because now I’M in it too deep.
I’VE already planned OUR future while behind my back you creep.
Insecurities tell me to sit tight because I’VE already wasted so much time.
Forgetting how the script goes so I let YOU feed me the lines.
The ones that say, “come see you” when I know I should walk away.
But the POTENTIAL seems so PROMISING that, I instead, decide to stay…

4 run on conclusions

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...