I'm Still HERE...


The city where my school resides.
The place that molded my growth into a woman,
into a writer,
into a poet,
that introduced me to the art of spoken word,
that connected me with the best people I have grown to love beyond words...
was hit in a major way from the tornado that came through the south on Wednesday and left remnants of memories we can only talk about.
Basic restaurants and fast food joints that would only mean a place to pick up a burger for you but became traditional eateries for study session breaks, late night cravings, and a place to just hang when you wanted a change of scenery are now pieces of a puzzle that has to be reconstructed into something new.

Many survived.
Many didn't.
Some couldn't and took matters into their own hands.
Many are still missing.
The search, recovery, aid, and rebuilding continues but I wanted to take this moment to share with my friends in Tuscaloosa who are in search of a peace of mind, restoration to their emotional well being, and a mending for their broken hearts that, "if the devil could kill you he would've done it by now..."

But...

You're

Still

Here!

And for that give God more than you've ever thought would be worth giving Him because all other things can be replaced but your life...

Take time to celebrate!

All of my love,
Caneeka
UA Alum 07'


Birmingham and North Alabama (where I live) were hit hard also. Homes and lives were lost. But if you are able to read this, breathe air you never thought you would taste again, & hug necks of loved ones who you never could've seen again then I encourage you also in this trying time to give the glory to the Most High for HE is WORTHY to be praised!

Heads up my friends!

#nomakeup





No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...